Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 2-What I Learned

Well, we learned mainly about architectural photography. How you can just reposition yourself and get a totally different image. Changing your shutter speed and f/stop can really help you to get the picture you want. I have mostly been using manual mode because it allows me to contemplate how to use the shutter speed and aperture with out it doing it automatically for me. We had one assignment where we went around the school looking for unique and great architectural throughout. I chose the library and got a picture of the big window with the tree looking through. I was able to edit this picture slightly and changed the color temperature to bring in more of a warmer feeling. I believe I also changed the ISO on my camera when I was taking the picture. There was way too much reflection on the table and the window. I took one other picture in the library of the book shelves and books on them. I was able to look through the the books and get a deep depth of field. I also adjusted the aperature and it allowed the the books around my frame to be blurred, so I could get a great affect. Lastly, I went to the music room. I really thought that I could get a cool shot of the cedar ceiling. I ended up getting a light as a leading line to run through my picture, and changed the ISO to get a warmer feeling.
The next thing that I am looking forward to doing is going out and finding three places where I would like to shoot. Hopefully I can really capture the presence of what architectural photography should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment