Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week 4

I really liked the Ansel Adams movie! One thing that I caught on too, was to always use your horizon and where it is at when you are taking your picture. Sometimes it is better to have it centered, so you do not get too much land or sky. I also liked the fact that he talked about light. The weather can always play a big part in photography, and sometimes just sunlight is not what you want. Having a great mixture of rainclouds and maybe a little snow would add a different kind of feeling then just a plain sunny day. :) Going into Landscape photography is making me rather excited! We learned a little about macro photography and actually looked at a few examples online. I think macro bring people to a whole new world of realization and sometimes makes people feel small. They see what "little" things can see! Today I went up to Laurel Hill a few miles away from Sandy and got a few macro photos that you might be able to see later! Although it would be nice to have a macro lens, I still get around with what I got!

A few things that I really loved about the architecture assignment was that I was able to find my favorite buildings or places that I really wanted to make known to people. Dealing with architectural photography, you really need to know how to adjust to conditions. Like if the weather is not how you imaged it to be, then think of other possibilities that could substitute for your original plan! I really enjoyed shooting an old wedding chapel because it had so much feeling! You know that that placed represented more then just a picture, but where love originates!

This week I learned more about landscape photography and how to approach it. Watching movies and such really allowed me to learn more about doing landscape photography and what to look out for. It is always great to have a nice depth of field was somthing that sticked out in my head. I am hoping that this assignment will be even better then the last! :) (the last one was pretty good though!) (oh and sorry for the spelling mistakes) Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment